Monday 13 June 2016

Primary Schools Athletic Competition

On the 7th of June, 2016, a group of us went to Southampton Sports Centre to take part in an outdoor athletics competition. I took part in the high jump, 150m sprint and the 4 x 100m relay. As a member of year 6, I was taking part in the upper school age group.
In the high jump I was very nervous because I had trained for the high jump only once and that was three weeks' ago. Also, I had only jumped a metre high, so to reach 1.15 metres was a big achievement for me. I ended up winning the high jump because the girl in second place could not make it over the 1.15 metre bar in three tries.
In the 150m sprint I came second to last because I am not a runner. When I participated in the 4 x 100m relay, our team (Emily, Layla, Holly and myself) came sixth out of nine schools that were in our heat.
What came as a surprise to me was coming first and winning a medal in an event. As well as this, I was 7 cm from breaking the record for high jump.
Winner of the high jump event




Olivia 6KA

No comments:

Post a Comment